Wednesday, August 11, 2010

on who we are


I met B in the summer of 2009. We were friends first--joking, laughing, got your back, here have a beer and chill with me friends. And then suddenly, we weren't friends anymore. We were discovering something else to our relationship. We were Together, with a capital T.

B and I consider the beginning of our relationship to be July 8, 2009 (7-8-09). I think that was part of the reason why he proposed on August 9, 2010 (8-9-10). In just over a year, we had done more together than we ever thought we would do in a lifetime. When the first few months were over, I moved to Baltimore, and B moved back to Miami. We were apart for five months, but we racked up an average of seven hours every night together on Skype. Then, in January, B moved to Baltimore. By May we were renting our own apartment and the next month we adopted Molly and Luna, our furballs.

From the beginning, we talked about marriage. The someday wedding, the one-of-these-days ceremony. For purposes we're pretty young, and pretty new to each other, but when you know ... I think you just know. And B and I know, and we couldn't be happier.

B and I are engaged. We are getting married. Let's do this. Let's become McCuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment